If you obtained your residency based on marriage to a U.S.Citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may want to remove the conditions on your residency.  Form I-751 is the form to file to make that happen.  Of course you will be required to show various bits of evidence about you and your marriage before conditions will be removed.

With your petition, you must flie a copy of both the front and back of your permanent resident card or alien registration card. Also you will have to file a copy of the permanent resident or alien registration cards of your conditional resident children that you are including in your petition.

Along with the Form I-751 you must prove that your marriage was entered into in good faith.  This is done using documents that evidence that your marriage which you used to obtain your conditional resident status was a real marriage and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

The document copies you file with your I-751 should be as many documents that you can to show your good faith marriage and that reveal your marriage circumstances from the day you were married to present.  If your marriage ended, submit documentation related to the end of the marriage.  Some examples of documents include:

a. Birth certificates of children born of the marriage,
b. Copies of leases or other contracts showing joint ownership or occupancy of a residence,
c. Bank accounts with transaction history,
d. complete joint Federal and State tax returns,
e. insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary,
f. joint utility bills, or joint installment or other loans, or
g. Affidavits of others who have known you during your marriage.

There are other documents you may need disclose, including some criminal matters.

With proper evidence of a good faith relationship you should be able to successfully petition to get the conditions removed from your residency.

Call the Savage Villoch Law firm to find out more at 813-251-4890.