Which Immigration Form Do You Need?call us at 813-251-4890!

Immigration to the United States is, for many, a life-changing decision.  Whether it is because you have no choice or you seek better opportunities, the decision is a big step.  An experienced Immigration Lawyer can help you understand what to expect. The sooner you find an immigration attorney the better. If you can (and some cannot), don’t wait until you have a short time to leave your country.  Call a Savage Villoch attorney to give you guidance and counsel in preparation for your immigration.

Commonly Used Immigration Forms  call us at 813-251-4890!

You may be eligible for various paths to the United States. Some individuals can use special visa programs to transition to the United States quickly and smoothly. Your Immigration Attorney will carefully review your situation and help you understand your options. According to the USCIS, the most commonly searched U.S. immigration forms include:
  1. Applying to become a Naturalized U.S. Citizen.
    Petitioning to become a U.S. citizen is another very popular immigration application, specifically, Form N-400 – Application for Naturalization.   There are many reasons people want to become U.S. citizens. These include obtaining a U.S. Passport, earning the right to live and work in the U.S., travel in and out of the country freely and easily, working for the U.S. Government, and a big reason for many is sponsoring relatives to live in the U.S.
  2. Applying for a Green Card.
    Permanent residency in the United States has numerous benefits. Once a lawful permanent resident, you gain the right to live and work in the United States and you can travel in and out of the United States freely, to name a few benefits.  You can also sponsor relatives immigrating to the United States. While the are not an unlimited number of Green Cards available, this is a common way of legally entering the United States. Form I-485, Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
  3. Replacing or Renewing a Green Card.
    Green Cards are not valid forever – they expire after ten years.  As you near your Green Card expiration date, you will need to think about renewing your Green Card.  You may also have to get a replacement Green Card because yours may have been mutilated, lost, stolen, or it may just have incorrect information.  Green Cards tend to get lost or mutilated because you are required to carry your Green Card at all times – increasing the chances of it being destroyed or lost. So, you will have to become familiar with Form I-90: Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.
  4. Sponsoring a Relative to Immigrate.  
    Many times one family member will come to the United States in order to get established as a citizen or as a lawful permanent resident.  Once you are a lawful permanent resident or are a citizen, you can then help your children, spouse, brother or sisters, or parent come to the United States. This process is started with the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative as a necessary first step.
  5. Apply for Travel Document. 
    You may want to travel outside the United States and be able to return without hassle. This can be done but lately many are concerned about leaving the U.S. for fear of not being able to return.  If you do want travel documents, you can apply for your re-entry permit using Form I-131, Application for Travel Document which is valid for two years from issuance.
  6. Removing Conditions on a Green Card Through Marriage. 
    If you are a conditional permanent resident who obtained status by marrying a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident, you can apply to remove those conditions on your permanent resident status.  This is an important application because you automatically lose this status after two years of obtaining it if you don’t apply to change your status.  Once you lose your conditional permanent resident status, you are subject to removal from the United States.  To make this status change you would use Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
  7. Applying for Employment Authorization.
    As a foreign national eligible to work in the United States and you are temporarily here, you can request an employment authorization document. There are select categories of foreign nationals who are able to apply for this authorization. These include if you are a foreign student seeking on or off-campus employment, nonimmigrant foreign airline employee, spouse of certain individuals, including H-1B visa holders or E1/E2 treaty trader or investor, domestic servant of U.S. Citizen, and numerous other categories. The employment authorization application is made using Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
You don’t have to go through the immigration process alone. Put a skilled Savage Villoch Law, PLLC attorney in your corner.
The experienced attorneys at Savage Villoch Law, PLLC can help you make informed decisions about your legal options.
To make an appointment for an initial consultation, call 813-251-4890 as soon as possible.